Visiting the "Mother City" and more...

Visiting the "Mother City" and more...

Monday, April 12, 2010

1000 Sit-Ups


Well, It is 6 pm and I have 300 sit-ups/crunches done. LOLOLOL. Let me digress; around 06:45 this morning, I embarked on a new challenge. I will attempt, for the next three days a fitness experiment of pumping my abs of flab, into abs of: well we will see wont' we?
Immediately I felt encouraged, as I staggered out of bed motivated. I quickly crunched out 100 repetitions- "easy - peasy" I boasted to myself, looking at the beautiful sun rise over the backyard.

As the day started to find itself, I somehow have decided to overlook my responsibilities of trying to complete approximately 100 sit-ups every hour, during the spring day light.

06:30 pm.
I have met the 600 mark. Currently, I am playing catch up. I fell into a sleep induced coma; thanks to an extra large bowl of pasta and mushrooms with a side of tortellini. I have learned a tough lesson early in this test. High carbohydrates on a empty stomach, of course send the body into a horrific downward spiral trying to regulate proper blood sugars. One might think that I would have known better. I am supposed to be so good at knowing this concept. I am a medical professional of 16 years... (Sigh)

The goal of this challenge is to jump start my 38.5 inch waist into a lean 36 inches. All fingers and toes are crossed during this 72 hours stretch.

With just after a few ticks past 8 pm. 1000 sit-up have been tallied and accounted in the completed basket. It was a difficult task and I really did not enjoy playing catch up.
Tomorrow, I look forward to trying a more regimented approach to this slimming of the omentum. I may of made this more difficult, on my own, with the poor food selections.

Good Evening Friends

2 comments:

Tanja said...

so, what happened?

Bill Price said...

As with many things in my life, I started out slow and did very well on day 2, but then day three is not even accounted for... I worked most of the night between the hours of 2-6 a.m.. I also worked from 8-2 p.m. the next morning... Feeling totally exhausted the task became to overwhelming for me and I had a small meal and crashed into the bed. Sorry the experiment received a big [DNF] did not finish.
***Sidebar Update*** I am down 12 lbs. but, I have only acheived a waist size of 37"... still one inch away from the aforementioned goal of 36".